Thursday, April 28, 2011

Good Morning?

It's 2:20 am and it's pumping time!

My son did great tonight and slept from 7:30 pm to 2:00 am! Of course, I didn't get all of that sleepy goodness since I didn't go to bed until 9:30... but even then 4.5 straight hours for me is a record for the last couple weeks. So that leaves me with two very full breasts. He takes care of one - and that leaves the question what do I do with the other?

Some nights I actually might crawl back into bed and sleep - but tonight I am pumping! We just got done with a 2 week long stay at home vacation with multiple day trips and I had caught a cold and my fresh supply plummeted. So we dipped, okay dove, into the freezer supply. Perhaps 1/3 of my stash was used. Therefore it is pumping time at 2 in the morning.

A new father at work was talking with me about it and I emphasized to him the need to have a freezer pile and he asked me - "but when does a new mom find time to pump - in the middle of the night?" And the only answer is YES! Believe me I know it is not fun - but it is worth it - and necessary. Both to keep your production high and to have reserves for those times when you might get sick, travel, or ironically need a night off and have Dad take night time duty.

And with that, I'm empty :) and I've got another 4 oz for my freezer...
Happy pumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment